Last updated: November 27th 2020
1. What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small information files which can be temporarily or permanently stored via the browser on your computer or other device by a website’s server. The cookie allows the website to "remember" certain actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like. Cookies will usually contain the name of the website where the cookie has come from, how long the cookie will remain on your device and a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number. Some cookies will be deleted as soon as the website is exited (the so-called "session cookies"), other cookies will remain stored on computers or mobile devices and will help us identify people as visitors of our website (the so-called "permanent cookies").
3. Which cookies do we use?
We use "first party" and "third party" cookies. First party cookies are cookies created and send by the website you are visiting. This information is sent to the website operator. Third party cookies are placed when a website contains elements of an external party. E.g. embedded videos, social media widgets of integrated software. The external party sends and sets cookies form its own servers. Third party cookies on our website are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn and Google Analytics. Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool which helps us understand how people engage with the website.
A further distinction can be made between the following types of cookies:
Necessary & functional cookies:
These are required for the operation of our website. They include for example cookies that enable people to log in. Our necessary & functional cookies are:
- CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN: ensures browsing security by preventing forgery of cross-site requests. This cookie is essential for the security of the website and visitor (retention period: 1 session);
- CraftSessionId: sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data about visitor behavior for statistical purposes (retention period: 1 session);
- fonts-loaded: Stores the font status of the user for the current domain (retention period: 1 week);
- critical-css: stores the user's CSS status for the current domain (retention period: 1 week);
- cookie_compliance: this cookie is needed to keep track of which cookies we may place on devices (retention period: 2 years);
- biz_flagsA, _biz_nA, _biz_pendingA, _biz_uid: these cookies are used by Cloudflare to support performance optimization and security. (retention period: 1 year)
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox: cookies placed by YouTube. These cookies offer the ability to watch YouTube video’s on our website. (retention period: max 7 months)
These cookies allow us to analyse our website traffic, to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when using it. Our analytical/performance cookies are:
- _gat, _ga, _gid: the user visit to maritimecampusantwerp.com is measured anonymously via Google Universal Analytics in order to optimise the information offered on our website. Google Analytics is set up in such a way that the IP address is not processed or data is shared. (permanent cookies with a maximum validity of 2 years)
- em_acp_globalauth_cookie, prism_, cmp: cookie placed by ActiveCampaign. The ActiveCampaign cookie has a storage period of 30 days and is a marketing cookie for email marketing. Maritime Campus Antwerp uses this cookie to send newsletters and to follow up leads via contact forms.
- datr, usida: cookie placed by Facebook. Retention period respectively 2 years and end of session.
- UserMatchHistory, AnalyticsSyncHistory, lms_ads, lms_analytics: cookie placed by LinkedIn for LinkedIn Ad analytics (retention period: 30 days).
- bcookie: Browser ID cookie placed by LinkedIn (retention period: 2 years).
- lang: This cookie is used by LinkedIn to set the default local/language. (retention period: for 1 session)
- lidc: This cookie is used by LinkedIn for tracking share buttons and ad tags. (retention period: 1 day)
- li_gc, li_mc: cookie placed by LinkedIn to avoid having to access the database upon a LinkedIn member's consent to the use of non-essential cookies. To have historical consent information. (retention period: 2 years)
- liap: cookie used by non-www.domains to indicate the logged in status of a LinkedIn member. (retention period: 1 year)
- _guid: cookie used to identify a LinkedIn member for advertisements via Google Ads. (retention period: 90 days) Click here for more information about the cookies placed by LinkedIn.
How can cookies be managed or deleted?
Cookies can at any time be managed or deleted using the settings on the internet browser, allowing some or all cookies to be refused. Turning off cookies will limit the service that we are able to provide and may affect user-experience. Deleting cookies may result in manually adjusting preferences each time our website is visited. For more details about controlling and/or deleting cookies, visit the page corresponding to the relevant browser for more information:
For other browsers, please consult the documentation provided by the browser operator.